Job Posting: Senior Python Developer
The ideal candidate will have all of the following experiences / attributes:
- Experience with multiple technologies, languages and systems including highly available data systems and API and service-based architecture;
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable;
- Heaps of experience with Python, including web frameworks like Django;
- Expertise with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL, and familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB;
- Familiarity with operations, system administration and monitoring, including cloud-based services like AWS and Rackspace Cloud Servers;
- Experience with the tools we use like Fabric, Apache, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Redis, Hive/Hadoop;
- The ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail; and
- The ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders (coworkers, clients, investors, and the mentors) to complete a project.
Food Genius is a dining-out data company, providing the food industry with actionable, real-time data on emerging trends and app developers with access to the web’s largest database of restaurants and their dishes. By tracking more than 14.3m restaurant menu items and how consumers interact with them, Food Genius leverages the social web to generate high quality and incredibly granular data for an array of commercial and consumer uses.
We built Food Genius to solve two problems. First, nearly every food discovery app or website suggests a restaurant, not a dish. Even worse, restaurant review websites are becoming less and less useful over time; nearly all user generated ratings descend into 3-star averages and text reviews lack context. Secondly, the food industry lacks quality data. Consumers spend more than $600b/year dining out, but there is virtually no longitudinal data on their behavior.
Food Genius is on a mission to help everyone love what they eat. For developers, Food Genius offers a best-in-class API with friendly data licensing terms. Apps can access data on more than 600,000 US restaurants, more than 200,000 full menus, and taste-based dish or restaurant suggestions. For the food industry, our data is the perfect platform for new product development, marketing strategy, and demand projections.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like your kind of gig, please email a cover letter, your resume / work history, and your GitHub profile to Justin at getfoodgenius.com. We’re looking for someone to start ASAP.